Closed for 2019, re-opening summer 2020.
This competition is for 16-19 year olds only and there’s just one way of entering – by writing a poem of your own in response to one of the Forward shortlisted poems, along with a short commentary explaining how the poem influenced you.
How to enter
- Download the poems.
- Read and think about them.
- Write a creative response to one of the poems in the form of a poem (maximum 30 lines), along with a reflective commentary on it (maximum 300 words).
Submitting your entry
- Download the entry form.
- Complete the entry form with your details.
- Type (or cut and paste) your writing under ‘Entry’. Check you meet the word limits.
- Save your entry form (with your writing), using this format: ‘Name_School.docx’ (e.g. ‘JSmith_HighburyHigh.docx’).
- Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, using Forward/emagazine Creative Critics Competition 2019 as the subject line.
- Make sure your entry reaches us before the deadline of 5pm on 30th September 2019. We will not be able to accept entries received after this time.
- Winner: £200 and two tickets to the Forward Prize Ceremony on 20th October at the Southbank Centre in London
- Two runners-up: £50 and two tickets to the Forward Prize Ceremony on 20th October
- The winning entry will be published in the February 2020 issue of emagazine