1. pale wooden beads in your mouth.
2. tangling bracelet string around your tongue.
eggy bread with raspberry jam.
1. paper dissolving in your mouth –
2. fibres clamping your taste buds as though you spit ink.
a mosquito laps orange juice from the crook of your elbow.
1. raw mushrooms. dirt streaked.
2. you eat them in your second-best friend’s conservatory.
wet spinach and kiwi.
drinking milk straight out the bottle. you become a magpie for gold caps.
symphonies of watermelon juice dripping down your chin
to the beat of teeth cracking black seeds.
1. i don’t know the taste of my own name. perhaps it is similar to the indescribable smell of your own skin, or home. familiar tastes like vanilla extract and similar tastes like honeydew melon but my name –
2. your name tastes like roasted crushed tomatoes and fresh basil. kiss it from the corners of my lips.