Deadline: 5 July 2017. These annual awards are a fantastic opportunity for individuals committed to developing their writing.
- A £2,000 cash award, allowing them to focus on their work
- Tailored personal development opportunities, which can include mentoring from writers and industry professionals.
- Training in PR, performance and presentation training
- The opportunity to showcase work to publishers and agents.
- A week long retreat offering time, space and the freedom to create new work in idyllic surroundings.
Writers over the age of 18 can apply for one category, provided they meet the eligibility criteria. There is no upper age limit to apply.
The awards are divided into three different categories.
- Fiction and Narrative Non-fiction in English and Scots
- Poetry in English and Scots
- Children’s and Young Adult Fiction in English and Scots