Open. For children and young people aged 10-13 living anywhere across the British Isles.
Write a poem on the theme of ‘place’.
- 2019 judges are poets Wendy Cope and Lachlan Mackinnon.
- The top fifty poems are printed in the BPP 2019 anthology.
- Finalists read their poems on National Poetry Day in front of an audience at St Pancras Station, London.
- The winning poet receives £500, and £5000 for their school.
- All finalists are invited on a 3-day poetry workshop in Spring 2020.
- Every teacher who enters their class joins a prize draw to win a poet visit.